Welcome to Digital Health Space, a new blog continuation from Health Train Express. Thanks for visiting.
Update on Meaningful Use Registration, Payments
CMS officials estimated that nearly 50% of eligible professionals and nearly 81% of eligible hospitals had registered for the meaningful use program as of September.
They noted that the approximately $7.7 billion in meaningful use incentive payments distributed as of September includes about:
- $4.8 billion in incentive payments to eligible hospitals;
- $1.4 billion in Medicare incentive payments to eligible health care professionals; and
- $1.2 billion in Medicaid incentive payments to eligible professionals;
Update on Menu Objectives
According to CMS officials, the most common menu objectives selected by eligible health care professionals during the meaningful use attestation process are those related to:
- Drug formularies;
- Immunization registries; and
- Patient lists.
- Advance directives;
- Clinical laboratory results; and
- Drug formularies.
CMS officials said that the patient reminders menu objective was among the least popular for eligible professionals and that the syndromic surveillance menu objective was among the least popular for eligible hospitals. The transitions of care menu objective was among the least popular for both groups.