Although the majority of health providers now are using electronic health records and are required to be certified for meaningful use, many providers are ignoring these standards. Interoperability remains a major hindrance to connecting all the systems of an accountable care organization
In order to address this issue and many others take this course.
You will learn about:
- The relationship between healthcare expenditures and provider compensation.
- Payment models under Medicare and the Affordable Care Act.
- The future distribution and cost of healthcare services
- Define the 3 types of provider payment schemes.
- Recite the types of national healthcare expenditures and the proportion that each contributes to the total spending.
- Compare the compensation for US and international physicians as a multiple of gross domestic product per capita.
- Describe the methods by which Medicare determines physician payments.
- List the provider components of a healthcare delivery system.
- Describe how healthcare services will be distributed in the future.
- List the types of costs associated with healthcare delivery.
- Describe bundled payments under the Affordable Care Act and how bundled payments are different from prior programs such as global surgical fees.
- Define the incentives to achieve Medicare bonus pay within a Pay-for-Value program.
- Review the concepts in the case studies.